Your home is the place where you find peace of mind and relax without any unwanted interference. But, sometimes your dream home can become one of the biggest enemies of your health. Oftentimes you won’t even know you have a problem until you start getting sick in your home.
Do you know why it happens?
Keeping aside the hygiene and cleanliness, another factor that makes you get sick is the growth of mold. It’s neither a plant nor animal, mold is a kind of simple microorganism. It’s a fungus that grows in the dark, damp corners, and enhances health hazards in the surrounding environment. Mold grows in the areas where moisture and a food source are present.
Mold grows both indoors and outdoors. When grown outdoors, it’s not as harmful because ultraviolet sunlight deters growth. But, if it gets a foot hold in your house due to excess moisture or waste disposal, everything will get destroyed. People think it only affects their bathrooms, but experts from mold removal companies have claimed that it grows in your bedroom, kitchen, and living room, and so on. And, once it starts growing, both you and your home will start suffering due to it’s adverse effects.
In this blog post, we identify 3 symptoms to identify if your house is being attacked by mold.
Visibility of the mold
It’s hard to believe the growth of mold in your house until you see it with your own eyes. So, you should check for the areas that have any leaks and a huge humidity problem. A few common places that get attacked by mold in your house are walls, cabinets, ceilings, mattresses, etc.
If you take a closer look, you will find black or dark green spots on the surfaces. If not these signs, peeling of paints from walls, discoloration from water stains, and water intrusions like bulging drywalls are other visible symptoms.
Persistent musty smell
You know very-well the smell of your home, so a bit of change might signal your mind that something is not right. If there is a musty smell in your entire house or an unwanted smell coming out from any particular wall, it’s a sign that mold is growing in your environment.
Sometimes, the smell of mold is very confusing, especially if your house is located near a body of water or you have experienced rain a few days ago. In case the smell is increasing and you are unable to identify it, you should get professionals from mold removal companies to check it out. We actually offer a FREE mold inspection to help homeowners.
Medical or physical symptoms
Everyone that comes in contact with mold doesn’t get affected. But, if they’re sensitive, it’s difficult to prevent medical problems without removing the mold. If you or someone from your family starts suffering from headaches, dizziness, allergies, fatigue, dry cough and not getting cured with medicines, you should shift your focus to mold.
To confirm the medical problems, you should assess your condition both inside and outside of your home. If you are relaxed after leaving your house, chances of mold are very high.
If you experience any of the above-mentioned symptoms in your house, you should contact experienced professionals from mold removal companies without delay. Consider it as an emergency that will keep on increasing and affecting your life if not treated on time.