Once your property gets flooded during a thunderstorm, tornado, or hurricane, it can cause different kinds of water damage in your home or office. Water damage in your building can lead to the formation of mold, dry rot, and cracks in the walls, floors, or ceiling. If this situation arises, you should immediately think about professional clean up and water damage restoration services to help you out with the complete restoration process.
Water damage is classified in different classes and categories based on the type of damage and the water that flooded your place. Water damage is classified in four classes class 1, class 2, class 3, or class 4 damage depending on the area affected in a room or building and how much water has been absorbed during the period. Depending upon the nature of water, water damage is classified as:
Category 1: Due to clean water because of pipe leakage or a home appliance failure. If the clean water stays longer, it could lead to category 2 or category 3 water damage.
Category 2: Damage due to grey-water such as wastewater from toilet overflows.
Category 3: Water damage because of completely unsanitary water such as sewage overflow or river flooding.
It is very important to identify the type of water damage before starting the cleanup and the restoration process at your place. Once you contact a water damage restoration company, the trained and qualified professionals and experts will visit your site to find out the best ways to clean and restore your place.
They follow the following process to restore your property after water damage:
1) Inspection: The experts will inspect your property to assess the level of damage to determine the class and category of water damage at your place. This helps them identify the best practices and methods for the cleanup and restoration process.
2) Water removal: If there is still standing water at your place, the restoration company’s experts will take the proper measures to remove the water from your property using proper tools and methods to avoid any bacteria or mold formation.
3) Dry out your place: Before starting the cleanup and restoration process, the experts leave your place for a few days or a week and let it dry completely.
4) Complete cleanup: Once there is no moisture left in the flooded area, the restoration company starts the cleaning and sanitizing process. The cleaning experts will clean the walls, floors, ceiling, and any other area that was affected by the water damage.
5) Restoration and remodeling: This is the final stage of the water damage restoration process that includes the remodeling work and replacement of damaged items. Any damage to the electrical or plumbing system is also checked to ensure that your place is ready to live or work.
So, if your place is flooded or damaged by standing water or moisture, you should hire a professional water damage restoration company in Los Angeles without giving it any second thought. This is the best way to restore your property to its original state.
If you’d like to know more about how we can help you, call us for a FREE Consultation at (504)326-6999.