Mold formation at your home can be an early sign of some bigger problem that could be caused by moisture. As soon as you notice any mold on your walls, floors, or ceiling, you should immediately think about hiring a professional mold removal and remediation service in your area. Mold can also cause s health issues like headaches, dizziness, allergies, fatigue, dry cough, etc. if not remediated properly.
What is Mold?
Mold is a type of fungus that grows in the form of fluffy multi-cellular filaments or mycelia on any surface where moisture is present. It can grow almost anywhere inside or outside and can be white, green, black, orange, and purple in color with a musty or mildew smell. It reproduces by expelling microscopic spores and travels through the air. Household molds are very common in a damp environment such as in the bathroom, kitchen, basement, and garage.
The most common types of household mold that can form in various places in your house are:
Alternaria: This is the most common type of mold found in your house especially in the shower, tubs, beneath leaky sinks, or any water-damaged place after a flood or water leakage. It can be green or brown and cause asthma-like symptoms.
Stachybotrys (Black mold): Also termed as “Toxic Mold”, this kind of mold forms on organic materials like wood or hay. It can be black or dark green in color and cause some serious health issues.
Aureobasidium: It is most commonly found on walls, floors, and ceilings behind wallpaper, paint, or wooden surfaces. It appears as brown, pink, or black hue and turns into dark brown over time. It can cause infections in the skin, eyes, or nails.
Ulocladium: this is also frequently found in the kitchen, basement, and bathroom because of heavy moisture or water damage after a flood. Usually black in color, it can cause breathing problems, fever, and skin infection.
If you find any sign of mold formation at home, you should immediately plan to remove it and remediate the infected place to stop any further damage. Mold can rot your wooden surface, walls, and ceiling structure if not treated on time with the help of professional methods.
You should plan the mold removal and remediation process by following the following steps for a complete solution and prevention:
• Learn about the moisture. water damage and the source of cause of damage. Find out the places where mold has formed in your home.
• Write down your mold problem and calculate the extent of the contamination.
• Sit with the experts and professionals to create a mold removal and remediation plan based on the water damage at your place.
• Execute the mold removal, cleaning, restoration, and remediation process with the help of professionals. The whole process includes isolation of the contamination area, removing material from the damaged area, cleaning the affected area, drying the place, and repairing the infected area.
• Repair the water problem and fix the moisture issue to prevent further contamination.
• Once you are done with the mold removal and remediation plan, do a visibility test to determine if the cleanup has been done properly. Check if there is any sign of mold, damaged or infected material, or moldy odors.
If you are looking for a water damage restoration or mold removal and remediation services in California, you should always opt for someone who has years of experience in the industry and is equipped with all the knowledge and expertise to resolve all kinds of mold problems. Talk to them about your water damage and mold formation to find out the best restoration plan as for your requirements.
If you’d like to know more about how we can help you, call us for a FREE Consultation at (504)326-6999