MOLD! The Danger That Lies Hidden In Your Home and Business
Mold in your property can become a growing problem that requires immediate attention. Buildings and homes with moisture issues, or that have had flooding recently or in the past are most at risk for mold growth. Mold begins growing within 24 hours of moisture intrusion and can be highly toxic and deadly.
While microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere not all mold is harmful. Humidity or excess moisture can cause mold to colonize and result in black mold or other toxic species in your home or business. This can lead to extremely adverse health effects for you, your family, your employees, or your clients. Health conditions include mycotoxin poisoning, fungal infections, asthma attack, allergic reactions, and chronic sinus problems.
The Most Common Mold Mistake
(You’re Probably Making It Now)
Some people try to remove mold themselves. They watch a Youtube video or read a blog post and belive they can handle it. Please DO NOT try to remove mold yourself! Mold remediation should be done by a professional. You can actually make it airborne and create a far more hazardous environment. Containing mold at the source is essential, once mold spores spread it will be much more difficult to capture and remove. Ensuring that the moisture source is fixed and controlled as soon as possible is essential to limit future contamination and spreading it further. All structural and personal materials damaged by mold must be physically removed.
NOTE – using bleach or other household cleaners does not kill mold and can make it more difficult to visually detect. Mold is caused by moisture, by controlling the moisture in your home or property you can eliminate mold growth.